Tuesday 9 October 2012

Catherine, the Great, of Russia




Did you know that Catherine, the Great, of Russia wasn't baptized or grew up as Catherine? Or that she was not from Russia?
Well, if you didn't know that, I have bad and good news for you. The bad ones is that you're really ignorant! The woman ruled one of the biggest countries of her time (and ours) and you didn't know such simple facts?! The good ones is that until recently I also didn't know these simple facts but now I'm kind of an expert in her life. I enjoyed this great cultural leap forward just because I went to the exhibition about her life in the National Museum of Scotland.
Now, as my Roman ancestors used to say: ad augusta per angusta! I became an expert on the Great Catherine from being a poor wretched ignorant in only one afternoon but it cost me P7,5. And that's with a student discount! But it's worth it!
I was going to write more about the exhibition but now I need to go to Saint Petesburgh to a conference in which I'm going to talk about Catherine the Great. Now that I'm a world renown scholar... And all thanks to the National Museum of Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment