Wednesday 9 July 2014

Bristol and its graffiti

More on Bristol and its graffiti. All of these were not Bansky's work. I think... So there's more to Bristol's graffiti than Bansky.



This one with the elephant I found particularly funny: the elephant afraid of the mouse. It can have a certain anarchist idea behind it if you think of us, individuals, as the mouse and the state as the elephant. And given that graffiti painters mostly do their work against the law, this would not be an absurd idea. But I prefer to think of it as how we face our anxieties and fears: they may be due to a tinny think, but we give them so much importance...


I liked this one because it reminded me of my bedroom. A home element away from home...


This one kind of reminds me the great wave of Kanagawa...

No comments:

Post a Comment