Friday 2 November 2012

Robbed in Edinburgh!

I've just been robbed in broad day light in Edinburgh! In a hairdresser...
So, story goes like this. I wake up in the morning, my hair is way too long so I decide to cut it. I look for a hairdresser in my area in my snap fax. Now, for those who don't know, snap fax is a discount card for a lot of different shops in Edinburgh. So, snap fax tells me that in a hairdresser very close to my place where I'll have a 50% discount, so I call, I book and I go.
Things started to go wrong as soon as I got in because the person cutting my hair was going to be a woman. Now, I'm not sexist, and believe in equal opportunities for all and all that, but I had never had a woman cutting my hair before. That's ok, I thought, it would be a nice morning adventure.
Second trouble, she insists in shampooing my hair. Now, I had had my hair shampooed this morning by the person who does it better: me. I said it but she insisted and I'm not the kind of person to create problems, right? So my hair got the second shampooing of the morning.
The third and real problem, however, came in the end. I went to pay and she told me it was £15.25. I think to myself "dear mother of God! thank God I have the snap fax!" So, I showed her the snap fax, smile and say: "but I have the snap fax with 50% discount, as I said on the phone..."
- Yes, yes... - the woman tells me - £15,25 is already with the discount!
I had heard this price on the phone but the guy I had talked to had a very strong Scottish accent so I assumed that was the price without the discount! Who on earth is the male idiot who pays £30.5 for a haircut!!! The idiotness of paying this price is that hairdressers start assuming that to cut the hair to a man is the same as to cut to a woman. And, once again, I'm all in favour of equal opportunities and all, but a man cuts the hair to have it shorter whereas a woman cuts it to have it pretty. It's the same reasoning of paying more for a painting than for a fixed pipe.
I'm going to be in a bad mood the rest of the day, being robbed like this in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment